The Robert J Breitung Building is a collaborative project incorporating 28 project-based VASH vouchers to serve previously homeless Veterans eligible for HUD VASH. The purpose of this building is to help eligible Veterans who are over-represented and under-served, particularly those from communities of color and those who have been involuntarily displaced from the community.
Together, Do Good Multnomah, NW Ventures, Ink: Built Design, and MJP Management have partnered on this exciting new development. It is extremely well located in NE Portland and has excellent access to transit amid high-frequency bus lines. This project is also centrally located to parks, services, amenities, and is close-in to downtown Portland.
- Breitung Building offers 28 units of HUD-VASH Permanent Supportive Housing. HUD (Housing and Urban Development) VASH (Veterans Affairs Supportive Housing) is a special housing voucher available to qualifying Veterans to assist with monthly rent costs.
- Permanent Supportive Housing refers to the type of housing (permanent, not temporary/for a fixed time period only) and services offered (supportive services like case management, addictions counseling, VA social workers, peer mentoring, and art therapy to name a few) all located in a central housing facility. 10 units are 496 sq. ft. studio apartments.
- 18 units are 535 sq. ft. 1 bedroom apartments
- Many “green” features have been incorporated, designed to minimize operating costs for residents. These include roof solar reflectivity, the use of durable materials, and additional energy measures such as energy-efficient windows and on-demand water heaters. The location is ideal, with a high-frequency bus line half a block away, half a mile away from Peninsula Park Rosa Garden, and many services and amenities close by, all while being in a great community close-in to downtown Portland.
Solar Power at the Breitung Building
The Breituing Building features a solar array made possible by
Pacific Power’s Blue Sky renewable energy program.
by the solar panels at Breitung Building in real-time!
Spacious, well-lit, modern.
Features may not be available for all units
- 535 sqft
- 9 foot ceilings
- Brand new
- Great natural light
- Modern amenities
- Industrial finishes
- Ample closet space
- Full bathroom with tub and shower